Adventure Empires: Beginning Post

Hi all. In 2010, I had the urge to do something different. I've always played music, loved motorcycles, video games, amongst other things - but I had never been much of an outdoorsman. My uncles had taken me hunting when I was younger, but it never caught on. I never saw hunting as a super-fun thing to do. I do like the outdoors though. I like gadgets. I like new challenges. For whatever reason, backpacking caught my radar.

I started researching, and before I knew it I was hooked. There are so many different types of tents, pads, packs, clothing, lights, lamps...I could keep going for forever. (or you could just go to REI.com and see what I mean.

It took a while to get enough gear to go, but I did it. The sense of accomplishment and adventure was so much more than expected. I expect more to come!

The next blog you'll read entails our first adventure. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shining Rock Wilderness, NC 1/29/15 - 2/1/15

First Trip! Oak Mountain State Park! 03/10/2012

Backpacking Cheaha - Aiden's first trip! Jan 30-31, 2021